Activities and creations to do with painted pebbles. During the summer holidays, children love to spend time outdoors. To keep them busy, nothing better than to offer them activities that combine their love for nature and DIY. The painting on pebbles, without doubt, such a creative activity that can appeal to young and old alike. A few rocks, a little paint, and imagination are enough to make pretty original creations.
Once painted, these little natural treasures can use in a thousand and one creative ways. Even adults can use it as a photo holder, colorful garden labels, paperweight, etc. Do not hesitate to transform the colored pebbles into pretty decorative objects for indoors or outdoors. Here are some ideas for activities with the painted pebbles to occupy the children during the holidays. Of course, the list is not entirely exhaustive and easy landscape drawing.
- Make an outdoor tic-tac-toe game with custom pawn pebbles
- Make funny characters or pets to tell a story
- Do a puzzle with painted pebbles
- Fun learning, educational activity to learn letters of the alphabet or hours
- Make art and discover new painting techniques: a painting with pebble flowers, a portrait on a pebble
- Smooth pebbles
- Acrylic paint
- White acrylic ink
- Round foam brush or sponge
- A toothbrush
- Transparent sealer
Steps to follow:
1. Paint the pebbles with white acrylic paint or make black silhouettes. Let them bear before going on to the following step.
2. Using the round foam brush, take a little of the chosen color. Here, we start with dark blue.
3. Then apply blue paint lighter in color than the base, dabbing it directly onto the first color.
4. Add more colors while continuing to dab for a nice galaxy effect.
5. Make stars by applying white acrylic ink with a toothbrush.
6. To preserve the colors, curl the pebbles with colorless varnish.
Learn the Alphabet with Pebble Letters
- 26 smooth rollers
- Acrylic paint in different colors
- Some nail polish
- A Sharpie marker
- Transparent satin varnish
Start by cleaning the pebbles by immersing them in water. Wipe them off. Take a color and paint your first letter on a stone of the right size and shape. Paint trim white dots around the letters, inside of which we then add black dots. Once the paint is dry, trace the outlines of the letters with black felt—Varnish the pebbles. Do the same with the base of the characters. Let the children have fun writing messages.
Beach game with pebbles
- Smooth pebbles
- Felt sheets
- Of acrylic Outdoor
- Cocktail umbrellas
1. If necessary, clean the pebbles and allow them to dry. Next, paint the sunglasses with pastel pink and blue paint. Have fun varying the shapes of the frames. Let the paint dry.
2. Fill in the frames of the sunglasses with black paint. To protect the paint and give it shine, you can apply a coat of clear varnish.
3. Cut out mini felt napkins.
Make a game of thoughts and crosses with pebble pawns
- 12 smooth rollers
- Oil pastels
- Glue varnish
- A foam brush
- Parchment paper
- Felt in two different colors
- Hot glue gun
The steps to follow:
Wash and wipe the pebbles. Draw X’s and O’s in oil pastels on the rocks. You can, of course, replace the symbols with cute animals or other characters. Lay a sheet of parchment paper on the work surface to protect it. Using the foam brush, apply glue varnish to the pebbles to seal the pastel. To play, cut out a square of felt, then glue the grid of strips of black felt on it.
Also Read: Creative Crafting Ideas to Implement