Easy manual activity and creative crafting ideas to implement. You are confined at home with little balls of energy that constantly fight for your attention while straining your nerves. Yes, we are all in the same position. And what else, you say you have to work at the same time? So, it would help if you had a little helping hand to keep little toddlers occupied most creatively and entertainingly possible. Please find below our easy 3-5-year-old craft ideas that include kid’s crafts perfect for the current season to provide you with some precious moments of calm and focus.
A cute bunny made from recycled cardboard
- Paper plate
- Bunny printable template
- DIY glue or hot glue gun
- Marker pen
- Pipe cleaners
1. The first item to make is to publish the template and cut out all the parts that will make up the rabbit’s body.
2. Then, we advise you to continue by drawing some details on the plate to include “facial features” on your rabbit’s head. To do this, draw inverted rainbows, which have a few strokes for the eyes and a simple triangle for the nose. Then, glue the ears of the rabbit on the back of the plate.
3. To create the small flower crown, cut out the paper flowers and glue them on the front at the top of the plate.
4. The last step is optional. It consists of folding the pipe cleaners in half and then twisting their ends. Then glue these details on the back of the plate, between the flowers in the wreath, to add a nice extra detail. Let the glue dry well, and you can admire the result. It is also a great DIY Easter idea for toddlers.
What can be done with bath paper folds
- Printable butterfly and ladybug template
- Toilet paper rolls
- Colored pencils or pens
- Double-sided tape or glue
1. First, print the butterfly and ladybug templates. The wings of the ladybug represent a black and white drawing that your child can color by themselves, however beautiful they see fit. So the first task is to print and color the wings of the butterfly and lotus flower drawing.
2. Create the body of the butterfly and ladybug, securing the templates around the toilet paper rolls. Secure with glue or tape.
3. Cut out and tie the wings on the back of the ladybug and butterfly body with the pointed part facing. There you have it – a kindergarten manual activity that’s super easy to do and too fun to boot.
How to Make Paper Flowers with a Coffee Filter
- 1 medium muffin box
- 1 small muffin box
- 1 ice cream stick
- 1 yellow (or other) self-adhesive rhinestone
- Washi tape
- Green colored paper
1. Start by choosing the colors of the boxes that will constitute your flowers. You will need two sizes and two different colors of boxes. Squeeze these with your hands so that they are flattened. It will deliver them more comfortable to run with.
2. Fold the boxes in half and then in half three more times until you get the small triangle you see in the fourth photo below. It is necessary to get 8 petals at the end.
3. Then, take scissors and carefully carve a curve in the paper triangle. We recommend that you start with the folded edge and cut low enough to have a successful petal.
4. Do the same with the small muffin box. Then, unfold to discover the petals.
5. Lay the petals on a flat surface and turn them over with the colored surface facing you. Tie the petals to each other using double-sided tape and then glue a rhinestone in the middle.
6. Cut out the end of the leaves from the green paper and tie them on both sides with an ice cream stick.
7. Finally, attach the ice cream stick to the back of the flower.
Manual activity with an egg box
- Bolk cardboard egg
- Black colored pipe cleaner
- Wiggly eyes
- Black colored pom poms
- Red paint
- Black marker
- Hot glue gun or DIY glue
1. You faudront first few cells with eggs, which you will have to cut with scissors.
2. Turn them over on a protected surface of the paper, repaint with red paint, and dry for a few hours or ideally overnight. If the kids are a little too impatient, you might also consider coloring the cells with markers.
3. Then it’s the turn of the rest of the materials that will make up your ladybugs – the black pom poms, the movable eyes and the pipe cleaners in which you will have to cut four pieces of a length of 5 cm (to make two ladybugs). Take each of them and fold in a way that you get the shape of the letter “L.”
4. Now glue the movable eyes to the black pompom and fix, still using glue, the pompom on the front of the cardboard cell to continue with the antennae, attached on both sides of the “head.”
5. Take a black colored marker and add the final touch – black polka dots. They’re cute, aren’t they?
Make a DIY photo frame
- Large ice cream sticks
- Glitter paint (various colors, matching acrylic paint colors)
- Acrylic paint or chameleon paint
- Hot glue gun
- A family photo or another image
1. First, repaint the ice cream sticks with acrylic paint in various colors (for a rainbow effect) or one or two colors as you wish.
2. Continue with the second coat of glitter paint, colors that match and come as close as possible to the colors of acrylic paint. Be sure to distribute the glitter particles evenly and well over the surface of the sticks. Let it dry well.
3. Now, turn the ice cream sticks over and place them side by side. Glue a small ice cream stick on the vertical through the large ice cream sticks to ensure that the latter are well fixed in place.
4. Glue a family photo or other favorite photo on the face of the frame. By attaching a magnet to the back, you can fix the frame on a magnetic surface, such as your fridge.
Also Read: Best Vacuum Cleaner